5 places of Bali which offer serenity like nowhere else
On hearing the mention of Bali, one can get a mental image of a tropical island with unending beauty all around. Encircled by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, Bali is one of the 17,500 islands of the Indonesian archipelago. Despite the popular tourism at this place, it has been successful in not letting the lushness or incomparable beauty be hampered due to the modernization. This is one of the major features which make Bali stand out among other such holiday spots. Especially a Bali tour packages from Mumbai is one of the best ways to travel to this beautiful place. Available at affordable rates, this tour package assures a comfortable stay as well. The list of places which should not be missed out is as follows:
- Tanah Lot Temple: Famous for its sunset backdrops and pretty offshore settings, this is a Hindu shrine perched on top of a rock amongst constantly crashing waves of the sea. It is claimed to be the work of revered 15th century Hindu priest Nirartha. Because of this aspect, this temple forms an important part of Balinese spiritualism and history. Being one of the most popular tourist destinations of Bali, the onshore region of this place is always busy with activity especially in afternoons. The onshore region has smaller shrines and also offers leisure facilities to its tourists. It has good restaurants, shops and a cultural park where dance performances take place serving as a major source of entertainment. This temple pays homage to the guardian spirits of the sea.
- Uluwatu Temple: This is one of the six key temples which are believed to be Bali’s spiritual pillars. Another sea temple, this is situated on top of a steep cliff approximately 70 meters above sea level. Located close to the international airport of Bali tour, this is a beautiful location for the tourists and convenient at the same time. It offers great panoramic views of the sunset, overlooking the Indian Ocean. A major attraction of this place is the daily Kecak dance performances. The traditionally designed gateways and ancient sculptures appeal to the tourists.
- Besakih Temple: The Besakih Temple is one of the most prestigious religious places of Bali. This is because this temple is 1,000 years old and hence is also popularly known as the “Mother Temple”. It is located on the southwestern slopes of Mount Agung. This structure is artistic and unique. It comprises of at least 86 temples which also include the Great Temple of the State and 18 such others. The Besakih Temple is the biggest and holiest temple of Bali tour. It is surrounded by scenic rice paddies, streams, mountains and much more. For the local people, visiting this temple sanctuary is a special pilgrimage. At the same time, the location adds a mystical touch to it.
- Kintamani and Mount Batur: Also referred to as the Bali volcano, this is one of the most popular scenic destinations of Bali. The main attraction of this place is the view of the beautiful Batur Caldera Lake. But this crater has plenty of other options to explore as well. One can take a walk along the winding road to Lake Shore or visit the collection of hot springs. The Bali Aga Village around the Batur Lake is a perfect representation of the Balinese lifestyle which should be experienced.
- Goa Gajah: The name “Goa Gajah” actually means Elephant Cave. This cave is of exceptional cultural importance in Bali tour packages. It is an archaeological site of significant historical value which makes it impossible to miss out on. Situated on the western edge of Bedulu village, it has a great variety to offer. Be it the astonishing courtyard, the rock-wall carvings, the central meditational cave, bathing pools or fountains, each and every sight will intrigue you.